Every third weekend of the month, we have an overnight recollection. Since our cook was not around I tried to cook for my brothers. This recipe was formulated when I was in Zamboanga Sibugay for my mission trial. I never really got to have any response after the meal since we observe magnum silencium (great silence) during a recollection day. However, some of my brothers had pink cheeks after. Must be the rhum... :)
1 whole dressed chicken
black pepper, whole and ground
coriander seeds, crushed
lemon grass, in small bundles
1/2 cup rhum
1tsp almond extract
basil leaves, whole
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Wash chicken in running water. hang to let dry.
2. Get a handful of salt and rub around the chicken. Make sure to include the inside of it.
3. Pour inside the chicken all the herbs, almond extract and rhum, alternately.
4. Pour some rhum around the chicken and dash it with some cayenne pepper.
5. Mix honey, brown sugar and rhum, set aside.
Marinate for at least 12 hours. Turn it over every four hours to make sure the rhum and almond are evenly distributed.
Cook in a turbo broiler or in an oven at 200C for 2 hours or until the skin is evenly brown. Brush evenly with a mixture of oil, rhum and brown sugar every thirty minutes.
Glaze a little honey when served.
Best served with mashed potato.