Thursday, September 21, 2006
Beef me up, Scotty!
It was our last community dinner for the semester last night! For our last hurrah, i served roast beef, pasta and green salad. Here's the recipe I used for the beef.
Herbed Tenderloin and Roasted Garlic
1-2 kls. tenderloin beef
3 tbsp wild honey
3-4 tbsp mustard
1-2 tbsp olive oil
minced fresh basil
minced fresh rosemary
minced fresh oregano
cloves of garlic (peeled)
salt and pepper
2 cups dry red wine
1. Season pat dried tenderloin with salt and pepper.
2. Combine mustard, wild honey and olive oil. Rub on the tenderloin.
3. Combine minced herbs and rub on the tenderloin. Let stand for around 1 hour
4. Roast tenderloin together with cloves of garlic. Cooking time depends on whether you want your beef well done, medium rare or rare.
5. Collect drippings. On a sauce pan, combine drippings, red wine and herbs. Beef stock may be added. Reduce wine until syrupy.