- seven tapas for our appetizers:
- gambas: a spicy dish made out of garlic, shrimps, tomatoes and wine
- salipicado: beef tenderloin bits with peppers
- jamon: ham slices
- setas del ajo: mushrooms sauteéd in butter and garlic
- paté de hígado de pato: duck liver paté
- croquetas: croquettes stuffed with ham and cheese
- queso: cheese
- sopa de ajo or garlic soup
- char-broiled tuna
- pollo de almodovar: chicken stewed in wine, generously topped with olives and almonds
- the traditional lechon de leche served in Cagayanon fiestas
- an authentic Paella Valenciana with chorizos imported from Spain
8 egg yolks
2 cups sugar
2 cups all purpose cream
flesh from 2 durian sections
1 cup white chocolate chips
3 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- Beat the egg yolks until it thickens and lightens in colour
- Gently heat 2 cups whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat making sure it does not boil. Add durian flesh and incorporate into the mixture.
- Strain the mixture. You may have to push the mixture through a sieve to eliminate the durian fibers. Return to heat.
- Stir half of the durian infusion into egg yolk mixture, then pour the mixture back into hot durian infusion in the saucepan. Cook for around 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt the white chocolate by stirring it into the mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Whip the all-purpose cream into a cold mixing bowl until it forms peaks. Then fold in the chilled durian-chocolate custard into the whipped cream. Serve chilled.