1/8 cup fresh oregano ; finely chopped
1/8 cup fresh rosemary; finely chopped
1/8 cup fresh thyme; finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C + 2 T olive oil
6 T Dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste
2 rack of lamb (about 800 gms per rack; french cut)
1 – 2 cups of dry red wine
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except red wine. Mix well.
- Season lamb rack with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until just below smoking. Sear rack of lamb for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove lamb from skillet and place in an oiled roasting pan. Gently pat the mustard and herb mixture over the top, underside and sides of rack, leaving bones exposed. . Set aside to marinate.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. Remove from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Save dripping from the roasting pan and remove excess oil. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine lamb drippings and wine. Simmer until wine is reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Serving suggestion:
Slice rack in between bones. Serve one to two pieces on a plate with portabella risotto. Pour in red win sauce on top of lamb. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
This recipe served 12 community members.